#ThinkUTC Day 2016
Today (Friday 18 March) will see the first ever #ThinkUTC day; a day that celebrates the work that UTCs do to inspire young people to pursue an education and career in science, engineering, technology and maths (STEM).
University Technical Colleges across the country will be opening its doors to the public to host events which showcase the work they and their students do, and to get the community engaged with STEM subjects.
Here is a flavour of what events are happening on #ThinkUTC day:
- Aston University Engineering Academy: showcase of STEM skills, student workshops and employer engagement activities (18 March)
- Buckinghamshire University Technical College: Open Day, celebration and community event (18 March)
- UTC Cambridge: Open Day and practical science activities (20 March)
- UTC Lancashire: Taster session on aerospace, technology and design (19 March)
- Elutec: Open Day (19 March)
- The Greater Manchester Sustainable Engineering UTC: engineering workshop with Willmott Dixon (18 March)
- UTC Swindon: teaming up with National Rail for their year 10 and year 12 students (18 March)
- South Devon UTC: Open Event (17 March)
- West Midlands Construction UTC: Open Day (19 March)
You can find a full list of events on the Think UTC 2016 website.
If you can’t make it to any of the events in person, you can still get involved by taking part in Think UTC’s social media campaign. Simply print off this light bulb image and write a short phrase on it about what springs to mind when you ‘Think UTC’. Take a picture and post in on social media using the hashtag #ThinkUTC.