Apply for licensing
All Licensed Bodies must be members of the Science Council. Read how to apply for licensing.
If your organisation is not yet a member, first ensure you qualify for membership and start the application process to apply for licensing.
Criteria for becoming a licensed Professional Body
- at least one membership standard at graduate level (for Chartered Scientist)
- a minimum of 5 years experience administering that standard, or if not then your application is being made in association with a licensed member
- members holding the above standard are bound by a Code of Professional Conduct
- a disciplinary procedure written and upheld
- a monitoring process for the professional development of a qualified group of its members.
If your Professional Body meets all the above requirements, you will need to complete a Licensing Application Form.
Our team is available to help talk you through any aspects of the licensing process.