Fees and costing
For applicants and registrants:
The cost of Professional Registration is determined by:
- Your application route:
- either through a Licenced Professional Body (Please visit their webpages or contact the relevant Licensed Professional Body to check their charges);
- or through the Science Council’s Common Application Process (CAP).
- Your registration award (CSci/CSciTeach/RSci/RSciTech)
- Your chosen Licensed Body
Costs when using the Science Council’s online system (CAP):
When you first apply, there is a £15 application fee payable at the beginning of the process to cover the costs of the support we provide to you. In addition to this, there is also your registration fee (which differs between registers).
2022 Registration fees:
- CSci/CSciTeach £46.40 per annum
- RSci £20.70 per annum
- RSciTech £15.60 per annum
If you are not currently a member of one of our Licensed Bodies, you will also need to pay a membership fee. There is a standard membership fee for RSci and RSiTech of £55. For CSci, this cost will vary between registers and Licensed Bodies, so please check with your chosen Licensed Body
Each year after this, you will need to pay your registration fee and membership fee.