CPD Awards 2017
**Nominations for the CPD Awards 2017 are closed**
The Science Council’s CPD Awards 2017 are designed to celebrate the professional development efforts and achievements of Registrants across Registered Science Technician (RSciTech), Registered Scientist (RSci), Chartered Scientist (CSci) and Chartered Science Teacher (CSciTeach) status.
Nominees can be from any discipline of science and be working at any level but they most hold Science Council professional registration.
Nominees’ CPD records will be assessed by a judging panel made up of experienced CPD assessors. The judges will be looking for evidence of satisfying the Science Council’s CPD standards:
- Show evidence of a continuous, up-to-date and accurate record of their CPD activities
- Demonstrate that their CPD activities are a mixture of learning activities relevant to current or future practice
- Show that their CPD has contributed to the quality of their practice
- Show that their CPD benefits the users of their service
- Confirm that they maintain a portfolio containing evidence of their CPD which could be provided on request
Activities in at least 3 of the following categories should also be covered by the nominee:
- Work based learning
- Professional activity
- Formal / Educational
- Self-directed learning
We will award a winner for each of the RSciTech, RSci, CSci and CSciTeach registers. Winners will receive a certificate and a prize at an awards event on 21 September 2017.