Science Council launches Diversity and Inclusion Progression Framework 2.0
The Science Council launches the Diversity and Inclusion Progression Framework 2.0, new and updated for 2021.
Diversity and Inclusion Progression Framework 2.0
The Diversity and Inclusion Progression Framework 2.0 has been updated for 2021.
The Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) Progression Framework was developed in a collaboration between the Royal Academy of Engineering (the Academy) and the Science Council to progress D&I across engineering and science professional bodies. In 2020, the Framework was reviewed and updated with input from professional engineering institutions and Science Council member bodies. It builds on the Engineering Diversity Concordat and the Science Council Declaration on Diversity, Equality and Inclusion with the aim of helping professional bodies track and plan progress on D&I.
The aim of the Framework is to support professional bodies to:
- Track performance and progress on D&I against four levels of good practice, where level one is the starting point and level four the highest level of good practice
- Structure conversations internally about performance and progress on D&I
- Identify strengths and areas for development
- Plan next steps in making progress on D&I
- Connect with and learn from other organisations in the sector, sharing successes and working to address challenges on D&I.
Find the Diversity and Inclusion Progression Framework 2.0 and guidance here.
To find out more about the framework and how to adopt it at your organisation, get in touch.