2018 CPD Awards Winners
This year’s CPD awards took place in Burlington House on the 30th October. The annual CPD Awards is designed to celebrate the continuing professional development (CPD) efforts and achievements of registrants from across the registers: Registered Science Technician (RSciTech), Registered Scientist (RSci), Chartered Scientist (CSci) and Chartered Science Teacher (CSciTeach). Now in its fourth year, the awards offer them recognition for their broad and diverse range of professional activities.
To be a winner or to be awarded a commendation for the CPD Awards demonstrates an individual’s commitment to undertaking work-based learning and self-directed learning at a high, exemplary standard in order to benefit the quality of their practice and to benefit colleagues, patients, clients or any other users of the service they provide.
The successful nominations from this year’s Awards are listed below:
CPD Award winners
- RSciTech, Jessica Mehers, member of the Institute of Science and Technology
- RSci, Nicole Phillips, member of the Institute of Science and Technology
- CSci, Joe O’Brien, member of the Institute of Physics and Engineering in Medicine
- CSciTeach, Diane Molyneaux, member of The Association for Science Education
CPD Award commendations
- RSci, Lorraine Allan, member of the Institute of Science and Technology
- RSci, Brian Murphy, member of Royal Society of Biology
- CSci, Carol Ainley, member of Institute of Biomedical Science
- CSci, Kim Cocks, member of the Royal Statistical Society
- CSci, Elaine Fitzcharles, member of the Institute of Science and Technology
- CSci, Nicki Lawrence, member of Institute of Biomedical Science
- CSciTeach, Riona Redfearn, member of The Association for Science Education
As we look forward to the CPD Awards 2019 next year, registrants who are interested in submitting a nomination are advised to start working on evidence for their CPD record right away – ensuring that reflection against activities is well demonstrated – to be able to submit the best possible nomination.