Free Virtual Professional Registration Workshops & Support
For a limited time only. This is a recurring event, please find the schedule and registration links here.
The Science Council is proud to support the scientific community, particularly at times of difficulty. We want to allow individuals and organisations to continue to perform at their very best. As a result, for a limited time only, we are enhancing our digital services to allow you to grow and develop your career and your business from home.
Current free virtual services include:
- Virtual Introduction to Professional Registration – This workshop will include practical, shared learning delivered via interactive zoom meeting platform with professional registration experts. Find out more below.
- Virtual Professional Registration Competence Report Masterclass – This masterclass will cover how to complete the competence report effectively, so that you have confidence to use your learnings to apply immediately. Find out more below.
- Virtual Twitter Q & A – Join us on Twitter to get immediate, time efficient virtual support, and get your professional registration questions answered (Date TBC).
- Virtual Professional Registration Q & A– 1 hour Q & A sessions with experienced Applicant Support Mentors that deliver practical insight, support and approaches for immediate professional registration application (Date TBC).
Virtual Intro to Professional Registration
The introduction will cover the following topics:
- What are the benefits of becoming professionally registered
- What is the role of the Science Council?
- What is Professional Registration?
- Consider which register to apply for, five steps to registration
- Choosing a professional body
- Face to Face Assessment vs completing a full application on line
- Finding a supporter
- Q & A
Virtual Professional Registration Competence Report Masterclass
This masterclass will take you step by step through the necessary considerations for the completion of a competency report. This workshop will ask you to practically consider how you will complete the report so that you leave feeling confident to proceed with an application.
- How to complete a competency report
- What you need to demonstrate
- Code of Conduct
- Continuing Professional Development – what is required and how do you maintain a log
- Further Resources
- Q & A
Meet our professional registration experts:
If you have any questions regarding the workshops, Twitter chat or Q&A – please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.